The Series 4000 sliding door is a commercial rated product engineered for quality residential and commercial applications.
- Single, two, three and four panel units in a 3 5/8” depth frame are available as standard configurations.
- Offered in standard 6’ 8 3/16” height and special sizes up to 8’ 0” in height.
- Available for single glazing with 1/4” or 3/16” glass and for 5/8” insulated glass.
- All frame and panel components are assembled with either 18-8 or 410 stainless steel fasteners.
- Profile of fixed jamb allows fixed panel stile to be recessed.
- Standard sill (15/8” backleg) supplied. High-performance sill (2” backleg) optional for increased water performance.
- Standard tubular stiles and heavy duty tubular interlockers
- Nylon track cap and steel tandem rollers (stainless steel tandem rollers optional).
- Frame and panel perimeters are fully weatherstripped with fin-seal.
- Optional pre-drilled installation holes on jamb and head are available.
- Hardware features full inside aluminum extruded handles and outside cast pulls. Clam latch type handles allow for no punching in jambs which reduces air leakage and provides additional security.
- Options include meeting stiles, exterior cylinder locks with keys, Adams Rite MS 1847 stainless steel mortise lock and exterior sliding screens.
SHORT FORM SPECIFICATION
Aluminum sliding doors shall be ARCADIA Series 4000 available with a 3 5/8” frame.
Product has been tested to a commercial grade of C-35 & C-40 with higher structural and water ratings available in accordance with AAMA/NWWDA 101/ I.S.2 -97. Test reports are available upon request.
All doors shall be fabricated from aluminum extrusions of 6063-T5 alloy and shall be free of defects which impair strength and appearance. The sill shall contain a full length nylon track cap. Sliding panels shall be equipped with two adjustable steel tandem rollers (stainless steel tandem rollers optional) incorporating factory lubricated sealed radial ball bearings and shall be adjustable without removing panel from frame. Glazing channel shall be flexible black polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or EPDM material and shall be available to accommodate 5/8” insulating glass units and 3/16” or 1/4” single glazing.
The frame shall provide self-aligning rigid joint assembly using screws and must be back caulked to insure a weather resistant seal. The profile of the fixed jamb shall include a pocket to receive and conceal the fixed stile producing a flush sight line.The profile of the latching jamb shall include a recess to receive the lock stile. Panel members shall be of the mortise type to provide strong, interlocking, mechanically fastened, hair line joints.
Sliding panels shall be located on the exterior or interior and both sliding and fixed panels shall be removable for re-glazing and maintenance. The sliding panel when in a locked position shall not be removable from the outside. The fixed panel shall be held in position at the top, middle and bottom by specially designed angular clips (referred to as fixed panel retaining clips) which are fastened to the fixed jamb, as well as retained by a head clip which is fastened to the top of the fixed interlocker and fastened to the head of the frame and by the sill cover threshold. The interlockers and locking stiles shall be heavy gauge tubular sections assuring precise alignment and to resist twisting under load conditions. Sill members shall provide a continuous water barrier without any notching and shall incorporate a pressure equalization area.
Available stock finishes are as follows:
- Clear Anodized Class I (215-R1)
- Dark Bronze Anodized Class 1 (215-R1)
- Standard finish is White baked on enamel Duracon paint PPG UC-42737
- Standard finish is Quaker Bronze baked on enamel Duracon paint PPG UC-88426
Custom colors in a baked-on enamel, Duranar (70% Kynar) or Valspar finish are also available and are subject to minimum square footage requirements.