The Series 500 sliding window is a monumental HC or AW thermally improved product providing the very best in aesthetics and energy savings.
- Fixed, two, three and four panel units (handed).
- Transoms and sidelites available.
- 4” Frame depth.
- Windows are available with an interior sliding panel.
- Standard and custom sizes & configurations.
- Single glazing with 3/16” or 1/4” monolithic glass and for double glazing with 1” insulated glass.
- The frames and panels are 100% thermally improved to ensure consistent energy savings.
- Isolators and plastic inserts are constructed of high impact-resistant ABS plastics for the best thermal performance and strength-by far surpassing any PVC on the market.
- Frame and panel components are assembled with stainless steel 18-8 or 410 fasteners.
- Standard tubular stiles and heavy duty tubular interlockers as well as hi-load interlockers (optional).
- Standard sill height 2”. High performance sill available in 21/2”.
- Full stainless steel track cap and steel tandem rollers (stainless steel tandem rollers optional).
- Frame and panel perimeters are fully weather-stripped with fin-seal and Q-Lon.
- Hardware features an aluminum color matched extruded custom finger pull handle with a sash lock available in black, grey or white powder coat.
- Screens are available as fixed exterior spring loaded to be located on the exterior frame of the window.
- Options include true divided horizontal muntins, head & jamb compensation receptor channels, sub-sills, flush flange perimeter framing for retrofit applications, white bronze sash hardware and mulling member to connect Series 500 window to Series 5000 door.
SHORT FORM SPECIFICATION
Aluminum sliding windows shall be ARCADIA Series 500 with a 4” depth frame.
The ULT-500 window system has been tested in accordance to AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S. 2-97 for the following performance levels: HC-40, HC-50, HC-60, HC-75, AW-40, AW-45 & AW-55 with higher structural and water ratings possible. The ULT-500 fixed transom system has been tested to an HC/AW-75 performance level. Test reports are available upon request.
All windows shall be fabricated from aluminum extrusions of 6063-T5 alloy & temper. The aluminum shall be free of defects which impair strength and appearance. Component parts and accessories shall be of aluminum alloy, stainless steel or non-metallic materials which will neither deteriorate nor promote corrosion. This thermal break barrier shall provide a continuous uninterrupted thermal separation around the entire perimeter of the frame and sash and shall not be bridged by any metal conductor at any point. The thermal barrier shall consist of a two-part, chemically curing, high strength urethane. The sill shall have a full length stainless steel track cap. All sash members shall have a minimum of 5/8” glass penetration into the aluminum to provide extra protection against “ blow-out” during high wind conditions.
The operable sash shall be equipped with two steel tandem ball bearing rollers (all stainless steel tandem rollers & housings optional).
A sash lock with an extruded finger pull and a stainless steel lock strike installed in the glazing pocket of the inter-locker provides the standard locking mechanism for this window.
All horizontal and vertical members shall have two contact points incorporating silicone treated woven pile with mylar center fins or Q-Lon weatherstripping. All weather seals shall be held in place with integral extruded slots and secured to prevent movement or loss while operating sash.
All fixed and/or sliding sash members shall be constructed to allow for either factory or field glazing. Sash glazing shall be accomplished using a “marine” style reusable, wraparound black flexible polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or EPDM material without the need for separate glazing beads or putty style bedding compounds. The glazing channel shall be provided with the unit for either 1” insulating glass or 3/16” or 1/4” single glass.
All assembly and installation screws shall be 18-8 stainless steel.
Screens are optional. When finished, all sliding windows shall be furnished with a fixed exterior spring loaded screen that is mounted on the exterior of the frame. All screen mesh shall be 18x16 charcoal fiberglass and be secured to the sash by a vinyl spline. The frame shall be made of extruded hollow tubular aluminum.
The primary frame must be a minimum of 4” deep. Each frame corner joint shall be secured with two stainless steel screws and must be back caulked under the frame jambs to insure a weather resistant seal. End Dams will be attached and caulked at each sill-to-jamb joinery to insure a secondary seal against air and water infilitration.The profile of the fixed jamb and the latching jamb shall include two weather-stripped pockets to receive the fixed and latching stiles. Fixed & sliding panels shall have a nominal 11/2” depth and shall have overlapped joints as well as the mortise type to provide strong interlocking, mechanically fastened hairline joints. Interlockers and latching stiles shall be heavy gauge tubular sections assuring precise alignment and to resist twisting under load conditions.
Available finishes are as follows:
- Clear Anodized Class I (215-R1)
- Dark Bronze Anodized Class 1 (215-R1)
- Standard finish is White baked on enamel Duracon paint PPG UC-42737
- Standard finish is Quaker Bronze baked on enamel Duracon paint PPG UC-88426
Custom colors in a baked-on enamel, Duranar (70% Kynar) or Valspar finish are also available and are subject to minimum square footage requirements.