The Series 5000 sliding door is perhaps the most versatile and popular sliding glass patio door in the industry today!
This is a Monumental HC or AW rated thermally improved product engineered for today's demanding quality high end residential and commercial applications with energy savings in mind.
- Can be configured as an Interior or Exterior slider.
- Single, two, three and four panel units (handed) as well as a multitude of custom configurations available.
- Standard 4 3/4 depth thermally improved frame with exterior screen track.
- Optional 5 1/2 depth frame available.
- Doors are available with dual sliding panels (optional) not AAMA tested!
- Custom Sizes Available.
- Thermally improved panels available for single glazing with 3/16 or 1/4 monolithic glass and for double glazing with 1,1 1/16 and 1 1/8 insulated glass (IG)
- Frames and Panels are available as 100% thermally broken to ensure consistent energy savings or non-thermally broken for monolithic glass.
- Isolators and plastic inserts are constructed of high impact-resistant ABS plastics for the best thermal performance and strength by far surpassing any PVC on the market.
- All frame and panel components are assembled with stainless steel fasteners.
- Standard tubular stiles and heavy duty tubular interlockers as well as hi-load interlockers (optional).
- Standard sill with 2 backleg (6# water). Also available are 2 3/8high sill (8.25# water), 3 high sill (11.25# water) and 4 high sill (15# water) - optional.
- Full stainless steel track cap and steel tandem rollers are standard.
- Optional pre-drilled installation holes on jamb and head are available.
- Standard hardware features include:
- Interior/Exterior contemporary wire pull aluminum extruded handles available in either black or clear anodized finishes as standard (other finishes available as a special order)
- Interior/Exterior extruded aluminum wire pull handles in anodized black/satin (standard) other finishes available as optional
- Adams Rite MS 1850 mortise lock with interior brass thumbturn. Optional 100% stainless steel MS 1950 mortise lock available
- Exterior keyed cylinder - optional
- Flush pull handles - optional
- Adams Rite MS 1847 stainless steel mortise lock - optional
- Self-latching secondary locks - optional
- Exterior or Interior sliding screens.
- Head & 2 pc Jamb receptor compensation channels.
- True divided muntins & Sub sills.
- Flush flange perimeter framing for retrofit applications.
- Overhead transoms
- Applied nail-on fin for new construction.
- 1 x 2 interior 2 pc snap trim
- Mulling member to connect series 500 window to series 5000 door.
- Custom corner door application.
- Door panels can be supplied knocked down (K/D) or factory glazed.
- Newly designed ADA Sill with tested water performance.
- Optional Hamptons Elite Series handles available in white, black & silver (standard) as well as other colors (optional - upcharge).
- Hi load 4 3/4" bottom rails with "Magnum Rollers" stainless steel tandem rollers for oversize and heavy panels.
SHORT FORM SPECIFICATION
Aluminum sliding doors shall be ARCADIA Series 5000 available in 4”, 4 3/4”or 51/2” depth frame.
Product has been tested in accordance to AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S.2-97 for the following performance levels: HC-40, HC-45, HC-60, HC-65, AW-40 & AW-55 with higher structural and water ratings possible. Test reports are available upon request. NFRC Thermal Test Reports Available.
All doors shall be fabricated from aluminum extrusions of 6063-T5 alloy & temper with a minimum wall thickness of 0.090” for the door frame sill member and a minimum of 0.072” for all other members including frame, panel and optional horizontal muntins. The aluminum shall be free of defects which impair strength and appearance. Component parts and accessories shall be of aluminum alloy, stainless steel or non-metallic materials which will neither deteriorate nor promote corrosion. This thermal break barrier shall provide a continuous uninterrupted thermal separation around the entire perimeter of the frame and panel and shall not be bridged by any metal conductor at any point. The thermal barrier shall consist of a two-part, chemically curing, high strength urethane. The sill shall have a full length roll-formed 0.025” thickness, stainless steel track cap. All panel members shall have a minimum of 3/4” glass penetration into the aluminum to provide extra protection against “blow-out”during high wind conditions.
The operable panel shall be equipped with two steel tandem ball bearing rollers (stainless steel tandem rollers & housings optional).
All horizontal members shall have two contact points incorporating silicone treated woven pile with mylar center fins. All vertical members shall have four contact points of silicone treated woven pile with mylar center fins. All shall be held in integral extruded slots and secured to prevent movement or loss while operating panel.
All fixed and/or sliding panels shall be constructed to allow for either factory or field glazing. Panel glazing shall be accomplished using a “marine” style reusable, wraparound black flexible polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or EPDM material without the need for separate glazing beads or putty style bedding compounds. The glazing channel shall be provided with the unit for either insulating glass or single monolithic glass.
All assembly and installation fasteners shall be 18-8 or 410 stainless steel.
All sliding doors shall be furnished with outside sliding screens (optional) except when specified to be interior sliding and optional interior screen tracks are supplied. All screen mesh shall be 18x16 charcoal fiberglass and be secured to the screen frame by a vinyl spline. The frame shall be made of extruded hollowtubular aluminum.
The standard frame is 43/4” deep. Frame sections must have an integral extruded reglet at interior head, sill and jamb to accept an optional interior screen track. The jambs are milled and coped to the contour of the sill & head to ensure a weather resistant seal and must be back caulked. Each frame corner joint shall be secured with two stainless steel screws which heads must be caulked. The profile of the fixed jamb and the latching jamb shall include two weather-stripped pockets to receive the fixed and latching stiles. Fixed & sliding panels shall have a nominal 11/2” depth and shall have overlapped joints of the mortise type to provide extra strength and interlocking mechanically fastened hairline joints.
Interlockers and latching stiles shall be heavy gauge tubular sections assuring precise alignment and to resist twisting under load conditions.
Available stock finishes are as follows:
- Clear Anodized Class I (215-R1)
- Dark Bronze Anodized Class 1 (215-R1)
- Standard finish is White baked on enamel Duracon paint PPG UC-42737
- Standard finish is Quaker Bronze baked on enamel Duracon paint PPG UC-88426
Custom colors in a baked-on enamel, Duranar (70% Kynar) or Valspar finish are also available and are subject to minimum square footage requirements.
Introducing our new Flush Handle Futura Series. For more information and product specific literature on this exciting new product, please contact our sales department at
Click Here For More Information.