The Series 5820 Multi-slide door is a versatile quality product providing a variety of configurations for such specialty applications as wall, pocket, by-passing, mall, corner doors and interior office sliding doors.
- The 5820 door can be made in a multitude of configurations to suit almost every architectural application including “Corner Doors”.
- Heights up to 12’ 0” - maximum width of sliding panels is 8’ 0”. (subject to loading conditions).
- The frame dimension is 2” in depth per panel per track-head & sill sections can be added repetitiously to accommodate any required number of panels.
- Flush sill for unobstructed egress and A.D.A approved (Not recommended for exterior applications due to its flush sill design).
- Available for single glazing with 3/16” and 1/4” glass and for double glazing with 1” insulated glass.
- Panels only may be supplied with the thermal break barrier for 1” insulated glass for maximum energy efficiency and optimal sounds transmission control or without the thermal break barrier for single 3/16” or 1/4” glass for additional cost savings.
- All frame and panel components are assembled with 18-8 or 410 stainless steel fasteners.
- Standard tubular stiles and heavy duty tubular interlockers..
- Stainless steel track cap - standard. (Nylock track cap - optional).
- Frame and panel perimeters are fully weather-stripped with fin-seal.
- Standard hardware features include:
- Interior/Exterior contemporary wire pull aluminum extruded handles available in either black or clear anodized finishes as standard (other finishes available)
- Heavy duty stainless steel tandem rollers
- Adams Rite MS 1850 mortise lock with interior brass thumbturn. Optional 100% stainless steel MS 1950 mortise lock available
- Exterior keyed cylinder - optional
- Flush pull handles - optional
- Adams Rite MS 1847 stainless steel mortise lock - optional
- Self-latching secondary locks - optional
- Screens are optional – supplied as regular panels glazed with mesh using snap in extrusion in the glazing pocket in place of glass
Options include horizontal muntins, exterior cylinder locks with keys, Adams-Rite flush handle pull sets and Adams-Rite MS+1847 stainless steel mortise lock (self-latching secondary locks available for pool areas)
Hi load 43/4” bottom rails with “magnum” stainless steel tandem rollers for oversize and heavy panels
2” backleg sill at interior for improved water performance
Optional Hamptons Elite Series Handles available in white, black & silver (standard) as well as other colors (optional - upcharge)
SHORT FORM SPECIFICATION
Aluminum sliding doors shall be the arcadia Series ULT-5820 Multi-slide door.
The Series 5820 contains a flush (ADA approved) sill and therefore NOT recommended for weather exposed exterior applications. This product is an interior application product and has not been tested for air, water or structural performance. This product does not have a performance rating associated with it.
All doors and windows shall be fabricated from aluminum extrusions of 6063-T5 alloy & temper with a minimum wall thickness of 0.090” for the door frame sill member and a minimum of 0.072” for all other members including frame, panel and optional horizontal muntins. The aluminum shall be free of defects which impair strength and appearance. Component parts and accessories shall be of aluminum alloy, stainless steel or non-metallic materials which will neither deteriorate nor promote corrosion. The sill shall have a full-length nylon track cap. All panel members shall have a minimum of 3/4” glass penetration into the aluminum.
The operable panel shall be equipped with two adjustable heavy duty stainless steel tandem rollers. Adams-Rite maximum security lock MS+1850 with stainless steel hook bolt standard. Some Multi-slider doors, including all pocket doors, can be supplied with locking flush pulls and an Adams-Rite MS+1847 stainless steel mortise lock. Operating panels shall have an extruded 3/4” diameter 8” O.C. aluminum wire pull handle set in either clear or black anodized finish - (other colors available).
Every operating panel shall contain a bottom rail vinyl sweep. All horizontal members shall have two contact points incorporating silicone treated woven pile with mylar center fins. All vertical members shall have four contact points of silicone treated woven pile with mylar center fins. All shall be held in integral extruded slots and secured to prevent movement or loss while operating sash.
All fixed and/or sliding panels shall be constructed to allow for either factory or field glazing. Panel glazing shall be accomplished using a “marine” style reusable, wraparound black flexible polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or EPDM material without the need for separate glazing beads or putty style bedding compounds. The glazing channel shall be provided with the unit for either 1” insulating glass or 3/16” and 1/4” single glazing (3/16” reducing vinyl used in 1” panels to accommodate 3/16” single glass optional).
All assembly and installation fasteners shall be 18-8 or 410 stainless steel.
Screens are optional - any screen door required would be supplied as a regular door panel utilizing its own 2” track (per panel) with the mesh being glazed into the glazing pocket with a snap in box screen extrusion. The mesh would be 18x16 charcoal fiberglass.
The primary frame must be a minimum of 2” deep per panel required. Frame sections interlock together to form any number of repetitious sections, each capable of accommodating a panel. Each frame corner joint shall be secured with two stainless steel screws. The profile of the fixed jamb and the latching jamb shall include two weather-stripped pockets to receive the fixed and latching stiles. Fixed & sliding panels shall have a nominal 11/2” depth and shall have overlapped joints of the mortise type to provide extra strength and interlocking mechanically fastened hairline joints. Interlockers and latching stiles shall be heavy gauge tubular sections assuring precise alignment and to resist twisting under load conditions.
Available stock finishes are as follows:
- Clear Anodized Class I (215-R1)
- Dark Bronze Anodized Class 1 (215-R1)
- Standard finish is White baked on enamel Duracon paint PPG UC-42737
- Standard finish is Quaker Bronze baked on enamel Duracon paint PPG UC-88426
Custom colors in a baked-on enamel, Duranar (70% Kynar) or Valspar finish are also available and are subject to minimum square footage requirements.
Introducing our new Flush Handle Futura Series. For more information and product specific literature on this exciting new product, please contact our sales department at
Click Here For More Information.