The Series 6000 sliding glass door is one of the newest designs in the Impact-Hurricane resistant market. It is engineered to meet the rigid impact and hurricane standards of Miami-Dade county utilizing 9/16” laminated impact glass.
The Series 6002 sliding glass door utilizes 1 1/16” insulated impact laminated glass to meet the impact standards of ASTM E1886/1996.
The Series 6500 is non-impact rated and uses 1 ” insulated tempered glass.
All three doors are aesthetic in design and yet functional to meet the high standards demanded by today's high rise and deluxe residential coastal & high structural load requirement projects.
- Two-Three-and four panel units (handed).
- The frame dimension has a 6” depth.
- Exterior sliding door panel standard.
- Offered in standard 6’8” height and higher sizes to 10’0” tall in height.
- All frames and panel components are assembled with either 18-8 or 410 stainless steel fasteners.
- Standard sill with 31/2” backleg (20# water design).
- Air infilitration at 6.24 psf is .03 cfm/sqft. (allowable
is .34 cfm/sqft.)
- Full stainless steel track cap and heavy duty stainless steel tandem rollers are standard.
- Frames & panel perimeters are fully weatherstripped with fin seal, Q-LON & QEZD foam weatherstrip.
- Series 6000, 6002 & 6500 are Fully Dry Glazed thus eliminating the need for messy silicone based “wet” glazing.
- Hardware features full interior/exterior contemporary 3/4” diameter - 8” OC wire pull aluminum extruded handles available in either black or clear anodized finishes as standard (other finishes available). Locking
mechanisms include an Adams Rite MS1950 high security mortise lock made 100% of stainless steel construction. Brass thumbturns standard and keyed cylinders (optional).
- Screens (Optional) - Interior Rollaway screen available on interior track.
- Optional Hamptons Elite Series Handles available in white, black & silver (standard) as well as other colors (optional - upcharge).
SHORT FORM SPECIFICATION
Aluminum sliding doors shall be the arcadia Series 6000, Series 6002 & Series 6500 all available in 6” depth frame.
Series 6000 has successfully tested to meet all air, water & structural performance standards under ASTM 1886-1996 (Small Missile) as well as Metro Dade Product approvals for Small and Large Missle impact testing. (TAS 201, 202 & 203). Certified test reports are available upon request. Miami-Dade NOA packets available upon request.
Series 6002 has successfully tested to meet all impact performance standards under ASTM E1886/1996-02/05 for Large and Small Missile impact as well as AAMA A440-05 for air, water and structural performance.
Series 6500 has been successfully tested to meet all air, water and structural performance standards under AAMA 101/I.S. 2-97
All doors shall be fabricated from aluminum extrusions of 6063-T5 alloy & temper with a minimum wall thickness of 0.100” for the door frame sill member and a minimum of 0.072” for all other members including frame & panels. The aluminum shall be free of defects which impair strength and appearance. Component parts and accessories shall be of aluminum alloy, stainless steel or non-metallic materials which will neither deteriorate nor promote corrosion. The sill shall have a full length roll-formed 0.025” thickness, stainless steel track cap. All panel members shall have a minimum of 1- 11/4” glass penetration into the aluminum to provide extra protection against “blow-out” during high wind conditions.
The operable panel shall be equipped with two stainless steel tandem ball bearing rollers (standard on all doors). Adams-Rite maximum security lock MS+1950 stainless steel mortise lock standard. Operating panels shall have as standard an extruded 3/4” diameter 8” O.C. aluminum wire pull handle set in either clear or black anodized finish-(other colors available).
All horizontal members shall have three contact points incorporating silicone treated woven pile with mylar center fins. All vertical members shall have four contact points of silicone treated woven pile with mylar center fins. All shall be held in integral extruded slots and secured to prevent movement or loss while operating panel.
All fixed and/or sliding panels shall be constructed to allow for either factory or field glazing. Panel glazing shall be accomplished using a “marine” style reusable, wraparound black flexible EPDM material without the need for separate glazing beads or putty style bedding compounds.This process renders obsolete the “WET GLAZING” methods. The glazing channel shall be provided with the unit for 9/16 laminated glass (Series 6000), 1 1/16” laminated IG glass (Series 6002) & 1” Tempered IG glass (Series 6500).
All assembly and installation fasteners shall be 18-8 or 410 stainless steel.
All sliding doors can be furnished with an optional interior Rollaway screen on the interior track. All screen mesh shall be 18x16 charcoal fiberglass and be secured to the screen frame by a vinyl spline. The frame shall be made of extruded hollow tubular aluminum.
The standard frame is 6” deep. The jambs are straight cut and fastened to head and sill to ensure a weather resistant seal and must be back caulked. Each frame corner joint shall be secured with 2 stainless steel screws which heads must be caulked. the profile of the fixed jamb and the latching jamb shall include 3 weather stripped pockets to receive the fixed and latching stiles. Fixed & sliding panels shall have a nominal 11/2” depth and shall have overlapped joints to provide extra strength and interlocking mechanically fastened hairline joints. Interlockers and latching stiles shall be heavy gauge tubular sections assuring precise alignment and to resist twisting under load conditions.
Available stock finishes are as follows:
- Clear Anodized Class I (215-R1)
- Dark Bronze Anodized Class 1 (215-R1)
- Standard finish is White baked on enamel Duracon paint PPG UC-42737
- Standard finish is Quaker Bronze baked on enamel Duracon paint PPG UC-88426
Custom colors in a baked-on enamel, Duranar (70% Kynar) or Valspar finish are also available and are subject to minimum square footage requirements.
Introducing our new Flush Handle Futura Series. For more information and product specific literature on this exciting new product, please contact our sales department at
Click Here For More Information.